Another installment of Mom Confessions, because I’m tired and too lazy to finish composing anything else. Enjoy.
This week I…
- Ate a pepperoni pizza Lean Pocket for dinner at 9:30pm. AND I ENJOYED IT.
- Wore maternity pants to work. Skinny cords on bottom, yoga band on top…it’s the mullet of fashion choices but OHMYGOSHSOCOMFORTABLE.
- Started a half dozen blog posts, and have finished none. Because when it comes to finishing a post or taking a nap…well, naps win every time.
- Started a sentence with, “Miles, please don’t ride the…” many, many, MANY times. The cat is not amused, and the laundry basked is now hidden in the garage.
- Contemplated how much cat food a toddler can safely eat.
- Wondered “What’s that sticky spot?” at least three times a day. Answer: oatmeal, yogurt, honey, jelly, crushed Cheerios, milk, peanut butter, more jelly, more yogurt, and what I believe is banana smeared with Nutella then rolled in rubber cement and applied liberally to the sliding glass door. Just a guess.
- Made BLTs for dinner after a very long work day, then instantly felt mom guilt for not cooking something more nutritious, and then craved another Lean Pocket at 9:30pm.
- Secretly smiled when Miles got upset as I left for rehearsal on Tuesday night. The kid misses me when I’m gone.
- Covered broccoli with spaghetti sauce to make it more appealing (FYI: toddlers are super smart, and are not easily fooled). Am I the only person who loves broccoli?
- Set up the water table in our kitchen on a desperately stir crazy and rainy Saturday afternoon. Bonus: THE FLOOR IS MOPPED!
- Found four balls, one train and a book in the refrigerator’s produce drawer. Was not surprised.
- Found my car keys in the back of a toy dump truck. Still not surprised.
- Found my husband’s dirty socks in the laundry basket. Was VERY surprised.
It’s Winesday (not that we needed a reason…) which means we’re halfway to the weekend.